Park Point Marina Inn
Duluth’s #1 Award Winning Waterfront Resort
Stay Smart. Stay Healthy.
Enjoy your getaway with the up most confidence as you stay with a 2020’s Best of Housekeeping Award winner. With the Governor’s new guidelines on January 6, 2021, some of our amenities will have limited capacity or be temporarily closed. We have strategically implemented a Stay Smart, Stay Healthy program through the guidance and coordination with the CDC, MN State Health Department, Minnesota Governor’s office, and the city of Duluth.
- 1) In accordance with the Duluth City’s ordinance and the Governor’s mandate, masks are required to be worn at check-in by all guests and anytime they are in the public areas on property inside the resort building. All team members are required to wear masks and gloves while working. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you for free while supplies last.
Note: DURING THIS PANDEMIC, OUR TEAM MEMBERS AND GUEST’S HEALTH IS OUR TOP PRIORITY AND THAT IS WHY THE CITY OF DULUTH AND THE STATE OF MINNESOTA IS REQUIRING ALL TEAM MEMBERS AND GUESTS TO WEAR MASKS WHILE IN ALL INSIDE PUBLIC SPACES. Wearing a face mask may not prevent a healthy person from getting the virus. However, masks prevent COVID-19 positive guests from spreading the virus to others. Studies show that many people with COVID-19 lack symptoms and will never get symptoms, known as “super carriers”. People who eventually develop symptoms can give the virus to others before they show symptoms. The Center for Disease Control recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. We apologize in advance if you feel that this requirement is intrusive and or uncomfortable for you and we can appreciate if you choose to cancel your reservation because of it, following our cancellation policies. But please understand we are 100% committed to providing the absolute best and safest environment that we can, without exception. Thank you for your patronage.
- 2) With bars and restaurants now open, but with limited capacity and hours, we have reopened our shuttle service at their high demand times, but with limited availability. We are running our shuttle van on the weekends only (Fri – Sat), which means shuttle van will not be operating during the weekdays (Sun-Thur). Additionally, our shuttle van will now have a capacity limit of 6 people to maintain 6 feet of social distancing.
- 3) To avoid cross contamination, cash will no longer be accepted for any transaction. Resort will only take credit card payment for all room charges. All lounge, gift shop and any other purchases will be entered as a room charge.
- 4) To reduce contact between staff and guests we have suspended stayover housekeeping service. Guests may call down to the front desk to request towels and/or toiletries that will be put in a bag and placed outside your door and then they will knock on your door.
- 5) Plexiglass barriers have been installed at all front desk stations and in our lounge.
- 6) Stanchions have been placed at the front desk to assist with social distancing and new check in safety procedures.
- 7) All team members have their temperature taken before each shift and fill out a COVID-19 safety questionnaire.
- 8) In working with our chemical sanitizer vendor, Ecolab, and the MN state Health Department, we have designed a new cleaning and sanitizing program of our rooms and public spaces that greatly enhance our COVID-19 cleaning coverage and standards.
Minnesota Health Department COVID-19 Hotel Mandates
The Minnesota State Health Department has put in place certain requirements and guidelines for hotel operations. The changes are as follows:
Breakfast: All hotel hot breakfast buffets have been suspended by the MN Health Department. To maintain 6 feet social distancing, all guests will be required to take their Sunnyside grab-and-go breakfast to their room. MN Health Department requirements state that no more than 2 people can be in the breakfast area at one time. Public lobby coffee service has been suspended due to COVID guidelines; therefore, we have placed extra coffee packets in your room to enjoy.
Pool, Sauna, Hot Tub, and Fitness Center: Due to the Governor’s newest restrictions on January 6th, reducing pool capacity to 25%, our pool occupancy is limited to 7 people in the water at one time with 9 feet of social distancing required in the pool or on the pool deck. The MN State Health Department requires that hotel saunas and hot tubs remain close at this time. Under COVID guidelines, our fitness center is at 25% capacity, which limits our fitness center to 1 person at a time using our equipment.
Lounge: Our Harbor Cove Lounge is open, but all alcoholic beverages need to be taken back to their rooms and/or outside with proper social distance standards met.
S’mores Bar: The MN State Health Department has temporarily suspended our s’mores bar to adhere to social distancing standards.
Meeting Room: Public social gatherings, private parties, and groups of more than 2 households and 10 people prohibit food and beverages. Therefore, we feel that in order to comply with all the MN health department requirements and to keep our guests safe, we have chosen to temporarily close our meeting room for all availability at this time.
Guest Rooms: We have removed guest directories, movie guides, paper, pens, and Visit Duluth brochures to prevent any cross contamination between guests. Guests may contact the front desk if they would like one of these items. To reduce contact between staff and guests we have suspended stayover housekeeping service. Guests may call down to the front desk to request towels and/or toiletries that will be put in a bag and placed outside your door and then they will knock on your door.
Lobby: We have removed all brochures, take a book and leave a book materials, and local restaurant delivery guides to prevent any cross contamination between guests. Guests may contact the front desk if they would like a brochure or a local restaurant delivery guide.
Business Center: To maintain 6 feet of social distancing, we have limited our business center occupancy to one person to ensure our guests safety.
Key Drop off Box: Located on the first floor across from the elevator to drop off your key so all keys can be sanitized before returning to front desk.
Checkout Procedure: Before you leave, please dial 0 to let our front desk member know you are checking-out. You can leave your keys in your room or in the key drop off box.
Shuttle Van: Due to COVID guidelines and for guests and team members’ safety, our shuttle van will run by request only on the weekends (Fri & Sat). Under COVID guidelines, our shuttle van will have a capacity limit of 6 people to maintain 6 feet of social distancing as required by the MN State Health Department.
Seagulls: For guests’ health and E.coli safety, we ask that you do not feed the seagulls from your deck and/or while on property.
Products: Due to COVID-19, our vendor supply chains have been disrupted for various items. We may periodically be out of stock on certain items that our vendors can no longer provide us in the short-term. Please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Since our property opened 7 years ago we have always been committed to exceeding our guests’ expectations and then some. We have enhanced our cleaning standards and workplace safety guidelines for the benefit of our guests and team members. Our EPA approved disinfectants meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses and bacteria. As a Certificate of Excellence National award winner for 6 consecutive years, we have maintained our commitment to have extremely high cleanliness and hospitality service standards. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you back to Duluth to have a safe and relaxing experience.
- Relax ~ Getaway ~ Refresh