Park Point Marina Inn
Duluth’s #1 Award Winning Waterfront Resort
Stay Smart. Stay Healthy.
As the world begins to reopen, we are excited to welcome our loyal guests back to our resort. When you stay with us, there will be some significant changes you can clearly see to guarantee your peace of mind and to enjoy your getaway with the up most confidence. With over an acre of outdoor space to spread out and relax in, we provide the perfect harbor side setting to getaway, relax, and refresh in a safe and healthy environment.
We have strategically implemented this new program through guidance and coordination with the CDC and MN State Health Department.
- Masks will be required to be worn at check in by all guests and anytime they are in the public areas on property inside the resort building. All team members are required to wear masks and gloves while working. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you for free while supplies last.
Note: DURING THIS PANDEMIC, OUR TEAM MEMBERS AND GUEST’S HEALTH IS OUR TOP PRIORITY AND THAT IS WHY WE ARE REQUIRING ALL TEAM MEMBERS AND GUESTS TO WEAR MASKS WHILE IN ALL INSIDE PUBLIC SPACES, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Wearing a face mask may not prevent a healthy person from getting the virus. However, masks prevent COVID-19 positive guests from spreading the virus to others. Studies show that many people with COVID-19 lack symptoms and will never get symptoms, known as “super carriers”. People who eventually develop symptoms can give the virus to others before they show symptoms. The Center for Disease Control recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. We apologize in advance if you feel that this requirement is intrusive and or uncomfortable for you and we can appreciate if you choose to cancel your reservation because of it, following our cancellation policies. But please understand we are 100% committed to providing the absolute best and safest environment that we can, without exception. Thank you for your patronage.
- To avoid cross contamination, cash will no longer be accepted for any transaction. Resort will only take credit card payment for all room charges. All lounge, gift shop and any other purchases will be entered as a room charge.
- To reduce contact between staff and guests we have suspended stayover housekeeping service. Guests may call down to the front desk to request towels and/or toiletries that will be put in a bag and placed outside your door and then they will knock on your door.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed at all front desk stations and in our lounge.
- Stanchions have been placed at the front desk to assist with social distancing and new check in safety procedures.
- All team members have their temperature taken before each shift and fill out a COVID-19 safety questionnaire.
- In working with our chemical sanitizer vendor, Eco Lab, and the MN state Health Department, we have designed a new cleaning and sanitizing program of our rooms and public spaces that greatly enhance our COVID-19 cleaning coverage and standards.
Minnesota Health Department COVID-19 Hotel Mandates
The Minnesota State Health Department has put in place certain requirements and guidelines for hotel operations. The changes are as follows:
Breakfast: All hotel hot breakfast buffets have been suspended and we are required to provide packaged breakfast products only. The CDC recommends wearing a mask when 6-foot social distancing is hard to maintain, so all guests will be required to take their breakfasts to their room. MN state Health Department requirements state that no more than 2 people can be in the breakfast area at one time. Coffee and tea are no longer allowed to be served in breakfast or the lobby area. Please use the complimentary coffee and tea that is in your room.
Pools, Saunas, Hot Tubs, and Fitness Centers: The MN state Health Department has closed all swimming pools, saunas, hot tubs, and fitness centers until further notice to maintain proper social distancing.
Lounge: Our Harbor Cove Lounge is open, but all alcoholic beverages need to be taken back to their rooms and/or outside with proper social distance standards met.
S’mores Bar: The MN State Health Department has temporarily suspended our s’mores bar to adhere to social distancing standards.
Since our property opened 6 years ago we have always been committed to exceeding our guests’ expectations and then some. When the Governor announced his stay at home order in March, we decided to be proactive and for the safety and well-being of our team members and guests, we temporarily closed until June 1st. We have partnered with Ecolab, a global leader in infection prevention technologies and services to meet the new health and safety challenges and expectations. We have enhanced our cleaning standards and workplace safety guidelines for the benefit of our guests and team members. Our EPA approved disinfectants meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses and bacteria.
As a Certificate of Excellence National award winner for 5 consecutive years, we have maintained our commitment to have extremely high cleanliness and hospitality service standards. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you back to Duluth to have a safe and relaxing experience.
Cross over the bridge from ordinary and enjoy the harbor side of life!