Park Point Marina Inn
Duluth’s #1 Award Winning Waterfront Resort
Stay Smart. Stay Healthy.
As the world begins to reopen, we are excited to welcome our loyal guests back to our resort. When you stay with us, there will be some significant changes you can clearly see to guarantee your peace of mind and to enjoy your getaway with the up most confidence. With over an acre of outdoor space to spread out and relax in, we provide the perfect harbor side setting to getaway, relax, and refresh in a safe and healthy environment. We have strategically implemented this new program through guidance and coordination with the CDC, MN State Health Department, Minnesota Governor’s office, and the city of Duluth.
- 1) In accordance with the Duluth City’s ordinance and the Governor’s mandate, masks are required to be worn at check-in by all guests and anytime they are in the public areas on property inside the resort building, which includes the shuttle van. All team members are required to wear masks and gloves while working. If you don’t have a mask, one will be provided for you for free while supplies last.
Note: DURING THIS PANDEMIC, OUR TEAM MEMBERS AND GUEST’S HEALTH IS OUR TOP PRIORITY AND THAT IS WHY THE CITY OF DULUTH AND THE STATE OF MINNESOTA IS REQUIRING ALL TEAM MEMBERS AND GUESTS TO WEAR MASKS WHILE IN ALL INSIDE PUBLIC SPACES, WHICH INCLUDES THE SHUTTLE VAN, WITHOUT EXCEPTION. Wearing a face mask may not prevent a healthy person from getting the virus. However, masks prevent COVID-19 positive guests from spreading the virus to others. Studies show that many people with COVID-19 lack symptoms and will never get symptoms, known as “super carriers”. People who eventually develop symptoms can give the virus to others before they show symptoms. The Center for Disease Control recommends wearing cloth face coverings in public settings. We apologize in advance if you feel that this requirement is intrusive and or uncomfortable for you and we can appreciate if you choose to cancel your reservation because of it, following our cancellation policies. But please understand we are 100% committed to providing the absolute best and safest environment that we can, without exception. Thank you for your patronage.
- 2) To avoid cross contamination, cash will no longer be accepted for any transaction. Resort will only take credit card payment for all room charges. All lounge, gift shop and any other purchases will be entered as a room charge.
- 3) To reduce contact between staff and guests we have suspended stayover housekeeping service. Guests may call down to the front desk to request towels and/or toiletries that will be put in a bag and placed outside your door and then they will knock on your door.
- 4) Plexiglass barriers have been installed at all front desk stations and in our lounge.
- 5) Stanchions have been placed at the front desk to assist with social distancing and new check in safety procedures.
- 6) All team members have their temperature taken before each shift and fill out a COVID-19 safety questionnaire.
- 7) In working with our chemical sanitizer vendor, Ecolab, and the MN state Health Department, we have designed a new cleaning and sanitizing program of our rooms and public spaces that greatly enhance our COVID-19 cleaning coverage and standards.
Minnesota Health Department COVID-19 Hotel Mandates
The Minnesota State Health Department has put in place certain requirements and guidelines for hotel operations. The changes are as follows:
Breakfast: All hotel hot breakfast buffets have been suspended by the MN Health Department and we are required to provide packaged breakfast products only. To maintain 6 foot social distancing, all guests will be required to take their breakfasts to their room. MN state Health Department requirements state that no more than 2 people can be in the breakfast area at one time.
Pool, Sauna, Hot Tub, and Fitness Center: The pool, hot tub, sauna, and fitness center will be open at 50% capacity as directed by the MN State Health Department. Masks are required to be worn in the pool and fitness area. However, DO NOT WEAR A MASK OF ANY KIND WHILE PHYSICALLY INSIDE THE POOL, HOT TUB, OR SAUNA. The fitness center is only to have 1 person or 1 family utilizing our facility at one time.
- 14 people in the pool at a time
- 3 people in the hot tub at a time
- 2 people in the sauna at a time
- 52 people on the pool deck at a time
Lounge: Our Harbor Cove Lounge is open, but all alcoholic beverages need to be taken back to their rooms and/or outside with proper social distance standards met.
S’mores Bar: The MN State Health Department has temporarily suspended our s’mores bar to adhere to social distancing standards.
Guest Rooms: We have removed guest directories, movie guides, paper, pens, and Visit Duluth brochures to prevent any cross contamination between guests. Guests may contact the front desk if they would like one of these items.
Lobby: We have removed all brochures, take a book and leave a book materials, and local restaurant delivery guides to prevent any cross contamination between guests. Guests may contact the front desk if they would like a brochure or a local restaurant delivery guide.
Bicycles: We have temporarily suspended our free bicycle rental to prevent cross contamination between guests.
Outdoor Games: Ladder ball bolas and bean bag toss bags are located at the front desk so they can be sanitized between each guest. A driver’s license will be held for game pieces to be checked out. Due to cross contamination concerns, our board games and Jenga blocks have been temporarily suspended for guest safety.
Key Drop off Box: Located on the first floor across from the elevator to drop off your key so all keys can be sanitized before returning to front desk.
Checkout Procedure: Before you leave, please dial 0 to let our front desk member know you are checking-out. You can leave your keys in your room or in the key drop off box.
Shuttle Van: Masks are required to be worn in the shuttle van for all guests’ safety. After each stop, in Canal Park and at the hotel, please allow the shuttle driver 5 minutes to sanitize the van before entering for your own protection and safety.
Seagulls: For guests’ health and E.coli safety, we ask that you do not feed the seagulls from your deck and/or while on property.
Products: Due to COVID-19, our vendor supply chains have been disrupted for various items. We may periodically be out of stock on certain items that our vendors can no longer provide us in the short-term. Please accept our apologies in advance for any inconvenience this may cause you.
Since our property opened 6 years ago we have always been committed to exceeding our guests’ expectations and then some. We have enhanced our cleaning standards and workplace safety guidelines for the benefit of our guests and team members. Our EPA approved disinfectants meet CDC requirements for use and effectiveness against viruses and bacteria. As a Certificate of Excellence National award winner for 5 consecutive years, we have maintained our commitment to have extremely high cleanliness and hospitality service standards. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to welcome you back to Duluth to have a safe and relaxing experience.
- Relax ~ Getaway ~ Refresh